Senate Releases Stipend Amounts
Tags: Senate, stipends, budget, transparency
Student Senate Strives for Transparency Following Student Service Fee Allocations
Following Student Senate’s update to the financial handbook stating the only organization to receive stipend funds to reimburse their leaders is Student Senate, and the release of the student service fee allocations for Spring 2018, the Cable requested Senate release how the $13,184 received for Senate stipends is distributed.
Senate responded in a student community email with a breakdown of how their members are paid:
- President: 20 hours per week at $10.08/hour
- Executive Vice President: 20 hours per week at $10.08/hour
- Financial Vice President: 20 hours per week at $10.08/hour
- Administrative Vice President: 15 hours per week at $10.08/hour
- Internal Affairs Chair: $500 for Semester
- External & Legislative Affairs Chair: $500 for Semester
- 56 Nights Chair: $500 for Semester
- Student Activities Chair: $500 for Semester
- Diversity and Inclusion Chair: $500 for Semester
- Title IX Student Advocate: $100 for Semester
For those paid weekly, the pay period started Aug. 19, 2017 and ends March 30, 2018. The email also included a job description for each position.
Per student, the Senate operating fund costs $5.38 out of the $99 student service fee paid each semester. The price of Senate stipends is an additional $7.84 per student.
Campus Activities Board (CAB) received the largest chunk of the student service fee at $40,100, or $23.84 per student, and the English Club requested the least at $115, amounting to $0.07 per student.
For a full breakdown of the budget for Spring 2018, see Senate’s student community email sent out on Nov. 17.